Re: Trumpet WinSock and Win95

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 10:51:27 -0800

Lee Byung Seo wrote:
> You don't need Trumpet Winsock in Win95 for TCP/IP, I think.
> Win95 supports a standard TCP/IP.
> Why you want install Trumpet Winsock in Win95 ?
>
> Good Luck
> bslee
>
> On Mon, 11 Mar 1996, Karl-Heinz Gasper wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Is there anybody who installed Trumpet WinSock in Win95 (instead of
> > Microsoft's standard software)? What is (step by step) to do?
> > Any hint I would appreciate!
> >
> > Ciao!
> > Karl-Heinz email: Gasper@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de

Greetings:
IMHO, Trumpet's scripting capability is a powerful feature that *most* people
would *hate* to give up!!! Especially, if it meant having to learn a whole new
scripting language from another dialing utility!
I've used Win95's internet application and find it easy to configure as a PPP
connection using PAP (Password Authentication Protocol); no scripting required.
BUT... If I try connecting to an ISP without PAP, I'm *screwed*, unless I learn
Windows 95's scripting language, Aaa-arr-rr-rgh!
Again, there's your trade-offs, and then there's your solutions! Preferences
are what you make of them.
As far as configuring Trumpet with Win95? Well, I've tried the 16bit version
and (barely) got it to work (yack!), but I haven't tried the new 32bit Win95
version. Either one *should* work with your standard Trumpet (16bit version)
script files.

Good luck!

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine "mailto:derskine@apci.net"
PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"