Re: Trumpet WinSock and Win95

YODA (yoda@clark.net)
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 21:11:24 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 11 Mar 1996, Jonathan Day wrote:

> Weeellll, standard is as standard goes and I have a feeling that
> Microsoft's PPP driver is not entirely standard. It refuses point
> blank to talk to anything other than another Windows box, which
> rather spoils the dial-in line I have, which uses Linux and pppd.

odd, I have used the Msoft stack under win3.11, winnt, and win95 and have
made PPP connections to Suns, Vaxes, IBM, and Linux machine, and not had
a problem. Infact another windows machine is what I have never done, but
I have not tried it either

> If the original questioner (or anyone else!) can get Trumpet's
> winsock to work in Win95, I'd like to know. I read the info on
> Trumpet's site, but Win95 obviously hadn't as it refused to
> recognise that winsock even existed.

I can get Netmanage CHameleon 4.5 for win311 to work under 95

--
Jim W			My opinions are just that.
!!! Do not assume that your freedoms are assured!!! Be Proactive!!!