Re: Win 95 Dialler

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 08:23:36 -0800

Leslie McClure wrote:
> I have seen postings the last couple of days regarding the Win 95
> dialler vs. the Trumpet Winsock. As a Tech Suport Rep. for an ISP
> I can assure you that the Dialup Networking on the Win 95 is far
> superior than Trumpet ever thought about being. I left my Trumpet
> and my Win. 3.1 very reluctantly but was so impressed with the dialup
> network aspect that I wouldn't use anything else.
> As far as Win 3.1x is concerned Trumpet is good. But if you are not
> using the PPP with Win 95 you aren't getting half of your monies
> worth.

Greetings:
Don't let my previous message bother anyone. I have 3 ISP's and I can vouch
for both Trumpet as well as Win95's dialer. Both have their trade-offs. Both
have their strengths and weaknesses.

"...Just another SPEED BUMP on the INTERNET SUPERHIGHWAY!!!"

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine "mailto:derskine@apci.net"
PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"