Re: Win 95 Dialler

charlie (charliec@pop.woodtech.com)
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 08:57:46 -0600

At 06:22 PM 3/11/96 +0000, you wrote:

>I can assure you that the Dialup Networking on the Win 95 is far
>superior than Trumpet ever thought about being. I left my Trumpet
>and my Win. 3.1 very reluctantly but was so impressed with the dialup
>network aspect that I wouldn't use anything else.
>
>As far as Win 3.1x is concerned Trumpet is good. But if you are not
>using the PPP with Win 95 you aren't getting half of your monies
>worth.

My sentiments exactly!
It would be nice if someone could come up with some sort of TCPMeter program
like the one Trumpet had for Win 3.x. This was really handy for keeping an
eye on your throughput and especially helped me out using CU-SeeMe.
Trumpet's Win95 version doesn't have it either though and the older version
won't work with Win95.
| c h a r l i e |