Re: your mail

The mad Scientist! (s324131@student.uq.edu.au)
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 00:45:15 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Wed, 13 Mar 1996 antraco@ibm.net wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have been fighting with CUSEEME to get it installed but everytime I get a
> gethostname failed error message
>
> I have read the instructions and followed those but still it gives me this
> error.
>
> I am Using OS/2 with a slip account and server providor IBM
>
> I have created a HOSTS file with what and IP address and my name. I am not
> sure which IP address to put in there and if I need to talk to IBM to get a
> special IP address??

You put your IP address in the hosts file. With the error, it could be
because you have not filled in the "DNS" or "Nameserver" field in the
Setup dialog box of your Winsock. This would also cause your Web browser
to produce an error saying "failed DNS lookup" or "cannot locate host" or
something similar. So if your Web browser works fine then this is
probably not the problem.
s324131@student.uq.edu.au