RE: Problem with QuickCam...

Ari Sonesh (asonesh@i-2000.com)
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 08:57:11 -0500

I had the same problem with me Quickcam. When I called Connectix they =
told me that they never heard about such message or problem!? In my =
case, something was rattling inside. The problem got resolved by =
replacing the camera. This of course is much simpler, doing it here in =
states.

I had a problem with another Connectix Camera. The CCD isn't horizontal. =
Seems that Connectix needs to improve their Quality Control.

----------
From: Gustavo (SodA) Ruiz[SMTP:soda@alfa.adinet.com.uy]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 1996 11:58 PM
To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
Subject: Problem with QuickCam...

Yesterday I received in my country (Uruguay) 2 Quickcams=20
coming from Cyberian Outpost, the delivery was really fast!=20
I ordered last 8 March and the price was US$ 100 each one...

When arrived I start to test if they worked, the first I unpacked
works pretty well but the other brings me the following message
when I load Qmovie: 'QuickCam not plugged in, driver in use by=20
another application, or parallel port in use by another device' it=20
doesn't display any video...=20

The facts are that the camera doesn't work... is not a problem
of my machine (parallel or keyboard port) since the other camera=20
works fine, my nickname is SodA so maybe you already had have=20
a CuSeeMe session with me 8)

I've sent mail to Cyberian, but I post a little mail here because maybe=20
one of you knows whats going on, or maybe have this annoying message=20
before and knows how to fix it... I checked the connections and =
everything
is fine connected...

Bring up the cameras to my country costs me about US$ 100 and now=20
I don't know what would happen with the camera... what kind of support
is supposed to be applied in this cases?...=20

To send the broked camera cost me around US$ 50, and to get into
my country again costs me around US$ 100 again... 8(

Well, sorry for this mail... but I think that maybe some of you could
have this problem before... thanks a lot to everybody!!!

SodA - Gustavo Ruiz Montevideo URUGUAY (South America)