Re: CuDoodle for Win95

Brian Millham (millha19@ally.ios.com)
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 17:51:49 -0700

Dennis J. Streveler wrote:

> Tx for the msg. I've fired up CUDoodle, and I must congratulate you on
> getting this going. It took some doing to figure out what the mysterious
> dotted-boxes were for and how to use them, but I am getting the knack of
> it.
>
> Here are some suggestions and reactions from a first-time user:
>
> 1. It would be great if one could, during a session, move those
> itsy-bitsy-little boxes (capture area, overlay area) without going to
> Edit/Preferences/Video; source; then drag. Is it possible to allow the
> bounding boxes to be moved via an alt-drag or ??? This would allow a sort
> of "pan" of larger objects.
>
> 2. My other HUGE wish would be for the "little" boxes to be bigger! (arg)
> Would it be possible to allow 2x, 4x ... -size bounding boxes and then
> degas them to fit into the available space
>
> 2. If "overlay enable" is NOT checked in Capture Format, why show the
> overlay bounding box?
>
> 3. Concerning the "overlay" mode, I take it that "semi-transparency" of the
> mask is not possible (I tried painting some non-black colors in Paint and
> they behaved the same as white the same as white-- so apparently it is
> binary, either the overlay color is black (capture box does show through)
> or it is not-black (overlay box shows through). If semi-transparency were
> allowed, one could pick "pointer" colors (for example) which would sit on
> top the image, but not cover it completely.
>
> 4. The terminology could be tightened up... Perhaps, "Screen Location" is
> better than "Source"; "Options" is better than "(Capture) Formats"; "Mask"
> is better than "Overlay" (it has an analogy with Photoshop, etc. Or are
> most of these choices Redmond's fine work! :( ?
>
> I hope you find these reactions useful. Thanks again for a great
> contribution to the CU world!

I have to agree. CU-Doodle is great. I have a Reveal capture card, and
use CU-Doodle to send my video. A number of people have commented that
I have the best B&W and Color that they have seen with CU. I suspect
that it's the higher resolution of my capture card.

A agree with the suggestions also. It would be nice to be able to move
the boxes without having to open the CU properties dialog. It would
also be nice to be able to re-size the boxes. But beggers can't be
choosy... BTW, several people figured out that I was running Windows
95 because they would see parts of dialog boxes appearing in my video
:-)

Thanx again for a great piece of software.

Brian Millham
millha19@ally.ios.com