Re:Need help with capture card

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 20:09:34 -0600

>Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 13:33:42 -0800 (PST)
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: David Winetsky <dwinet@qal.berkeley.edu>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Need help with capture card
>

>I'm finding my Aztech Galaxy Gamma doesn't capture, and my Connectix Quickcam
>doesn't do color, so I'm in the market for a new capture card. I don't
want to go
>broke however.
>
>Can anyone recommend a card that will do CU-
>SeeMe, VidCall, FreeVue, Cinevideo, etc. ? A while back people were raving
>about Videologic Captivator but I went to their page and they only seem to
>be selling cards that require VSM graphics (whatever that is) boards...
>
>Help!

Try a combination of your Aztech card, using the software that came with it,
and CUDOODLE, written by Bill Neisius. This might save you some hassles and
money, too. Place the Aztech program's window into the CUDOODLE capture
area to send your video out with CU-SeeMe. Bill also has a lot of .CSM
files for use with GO-CU-SeeMe-GO, written by John Lauer. Check out Bill's
page at:

ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/ne/neisius/csm/csm.htm

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
PC only, no MAC questions, please.