Using the existing comp.dcom.videoconf newsgroup??

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 19:52:56 -0800

At 06:56 AM 3/20/96 -0800, Bill Neisius wrote:
>> I would be willing to act as co-moderator for the newsgroup if you, or
>> another person here, would also co-moderate. Any takers? IMHO, CUSEEME
>> DESERVES ITS OWN NEWSGROUP!
>>

>So why not use the existing newsgroup?
>
> comp.dcom.videoconf
>
>It already carries CU-SeeMe traffic, as well as discussions about
>other video conferencing software...
>

>Bill Neisius
>neisius@netcom.com

Hello Bill,

Using

comp.dcom.videoconf

is a good idea. I have checked that newsgroup from time to time and on
occasion there is a CU-related message there, but more often than not the
topics revolve around $50,000 wide-bandwidth systems. I suppose it doesn't
have to be that way, it is a function of who populates that newsgroup, and
how it got started.

Using a comp. group rather than starting an alt. would mean that more news
servers would cover the discussions. Does that mean the mailing list could
be disbanded?

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis J. Streveler, Ph.D.