Re: ADMIT configuration of Reflector Version 4.00-B3.

Mike Loewen (mloewen@ripsaw.cac.psu.edu)
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 13:10:21 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 15 Mar 1996, Bill Brown wrote:

> I have set up Reflector Version 4.00-B3 in both the IRIX operating system and
> the Solaris operating system. The configuration is essentially the same on
> both machines. My problem is with the ADMIT configuration. On the IRIX
> version, ADMIT works as expected -- those who attempt to connect from a
> non-admitted IP address get my brief message included in the configuration
> file. On the Solaris version, though, those outsiders don't get that message,
> but instead get the "No response from ..." message. Has anyone else had this
> problem with the Solaris version?

Not on the Solaris version, but users outside of the ADMIT range get
the "No response from ..." message from our IRIX reflector. Also, we've
tried to tie two reflectors together via UNICAST-REF: if either system
has an ADMIT line in its config file, we get a continuous stream of
"Reflector configuration mis-match from ..." messages.

Is there anyone on this list who has successfully used UNICAST-REF and
ADMIT, together?

Mike Loewen Center for Academic Computing
Email: mcl8@psu.edu The Pennsylvania State University
Phone: (814) 863-4356 University Park, PA 16802
Office: 17 Willard Bldg. http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/mloewen.html