Re: Transmit & Recieve Max totals

Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 19:57:41 -0600

THIS IS ME! wrote:
> Hi,
> Im using a 33.6 modem, going into a provider that only offers 28.8.
> I keep hearing what the best transmit rates are, could some one plase
> tell me the definitve answer :) Is it ok to have the transmit and recieve
> max numers total more than the baud speed? Or must when the two max settings
> combine be less than the modem speed?
>
> Thank you !!!!!!

Greetings:
I have a USR 28.8 with a 33.6 firmware (chip) upgrade. As far as *definitive*
answers go? That's not my department, but I can "swear" to the fact that my USR
WILL attain speeds up to 28.8! ...And my ISP also has 28.8 modems (no 33.6's)!
Now with CU-SeeMe, I would leave your min/max transmits/receives at 10 & 28,
respectively! You still are not on a *pure* internet connection. If you were
to go ISDN? I'ld say differently!

Hope this justifies your purchasing a 33.6 vs 28.8 modem,

PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"