Re: IP address..

Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 18:32:33 -0600

Thitipat Wongsaravit wrote:
> I asked my internet provider, he said that I can not use program that
> require IP address.Do you have other ways that fix this problem...thanks

Greetings:
If your talking about your "hosts" file (or equivilant), try assigning your
machine's name to 127.0.0.1 (a.k.a. - "localhost"). This "localhost" IP number
is regarded as a loopback port allowing your network-based software to "talk"
to your own machine!
What your ISP is saying is that you receive a random IP number. I say "random"
because you're assigned the next available IP number, upon login, along with
all other dial-in users at your ISP.

Hope this helps...

PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"