Pnt to Pnt via mac?

Gary Cunha (gcunha@draper.com)
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 12:16:31 -0500

Has anyone tried this point-to-point connection using a mac? The concept
will be the same, but little subtleties always pop up.

- Gary C

Gary Cunha
Draper Laboratory @ Johnson Space Center
International Space Station (ISS) Project
2200 Space Park Drive, Suite 210
Houston, TX 77058
Email: gcunha@draper.com
Web: www.jsc.draper.com/~gcunha/

>From: "Daniel W. Erskine" <derskine@apci.net>

> Here's another thing to try when you both decide to get QuickCAMs. Try
>to dial
>into each other as if you were the other's ISP! Consider this: you both would
>be on your own "party-line" with little if any overhead! CU-SeeMe
>communication
>would come in *much* better since you're both bypassing the internet,
>altogether!
>This is something I've been passing by the "CU Consortium" for the past few
>months. I can do it with Trumpet WinSock,a "null modem" cable and Windows 3.x;
>but I haven't tried it with Win95's dialer, yet! Boy, these are WONDERFUL
>TOYS!

>How can I bypass the internet using win95? Can this be done using
>CU-SEEME? Does it mean that there is a dialer or a command in CU-SEEME
>that enable you to connect straight? Or use the dail up that come with
>win95 to call the others' computer and then how should I settle the
>connection? I would really appreciate the help since it would be much
>better if you can just connect straight to other person. (much like video
>phone then :-)
>
>thankyou
>--
>Achawin Asavabhokin
>University of Pennsylvania
>3900 Chestnut st. Apt# 1028
>Philadelphia, PA 19104
>Tel./Fax. 215-243-3574
>Hp. 703-795-4597
>http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~achawin/achawin.html

Gary Cunha
Draper Laboratory @ Johnson Space Center
International Space Station (ISS) Project
2200 Space Park Drive, Suite 210
Houston, TX 77058
Ph: (713)283-5343
Fax: (713)333-5632