Re: Enhanced Cu-Seeme

Hal Jackson (hal@firstcom.com)
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 13:24:00 -0600

Form: Reply
Text: (45 lines follow)
It's seems to me my fears have been realized. I frequent the WP WWW site on
a regular basis and have as yet to see any "Enhanced" Mac Beta version
available to download.

The point I must emphasize follows... I received an offer to buy "Enhanced
Cuseeme" for $49 with a free Tshirt. Before I made the move to order, I made
absolutely sure this software was being offered as a Mac application as
well. No mention of "still being in beta" was evident.

My company is fully entrenched in the same sort of procedures as far as beta
testing BEFORE offering something for sale.

As far as I'm concerned these issues are as much a part of the "technical"
nature as transfer rates, IP addresses and the like.

I appreciate the fact that someone responded to my concerns, but if somebody
says "wanna buy a frog" should I have to wait for the frog to evolve after
I've paid my money? Hell, getting the Tshirt would be nice :) Below is the
wording of the offer.

List Promotion Qty
Total

Enhanced CU-SeeMe for Windows $99 $49 plus FREE T-shirt ______
$_______

Enhanced CU-SeeMe for Macintosh $99 $49 plus FREE T-shirt ______
$_______
Subtotal
$_______

CA, MA add applicable sales tax
$_______

Shipping and Handling (see below)
$_______

TOTAL
$_______

Hal Jackson
Technical Advisor
FirstCom Music

Original text: (80 lines follow)
>From BRYAN@MHSGATE (Bill Ryan) {bryan@wpine.com}, on 3/28/96 1:57 PM:
HeeHee.....

We DO read the list.

Obviously you've already spoken to a WPSI rep. and received an answer.

I'm an engineer and read this list for technical reasons, NOT to hear
complaints about ordering software :(

There are literally 10's of thousands of people who have received Enhanced
CU-SeeMe (Windows version) (and their free t-shirts as well).

Unfortunately, only those who are impatient post this type of thing. Thanks
to the many who DID reply however that they DID receive their copies.

BTW, the Mac version is just going into Beta - so you'll be waiting for
awhile for the released version.

Bill

>Form: Reply
>Text: (10 lines follow)
>I have not received my Enhanced CuSeeMe purchased 3/16/96 by fax, even
>though Yvonne has verified my order. My credit card statement has not
>arrived yet, but now I'm getting nervous. I ordered the Macintosh version
>and I'm hoping I haven't order vaporware. Any more details on your end yet
>Renard?
>
>Wouldn't it be great if the people at White Pine read this list and
replied.
>BTW, I "TRIPLE-DOG DARE" them to... Heehee!
>
>(arf)
>Original text: (23 lines follow)
>>From RMARTIN@MHSGATE (Renard Martin) {rmartin@mnsinc.com}, on 3/20/96 6:45
>PM:
>At 06:51 AM 3/26/96 EST, marshall katz wrote:
>> Renard...
>>
>> I received my copies. The t-shirt was inside the box with the
>> software, not mailed separately.
>>
>> Marshall...
>>

>Thanks, I hope it comes soon.
>
>-------------------------
>Renard (Marty) Martin
>rmartin@mnsinc.com
>martman.mnsinc.com
>Herndon, Virginia 22070
>

>Message Forwarded to: MAIL@MHSGATE {hal@clearcom.com}

>Previous From: RMARTIN@MHSGATE (Renard Martin) {rmartin@mnsinc.com}
>Previous To: CU-SEEME@MHSGATE {CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu}
>Original to: CU-SEEME@MHSGATE {CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu}

Bill Ryan (bryan@wpine.com) "Keeping You Connected"
Principal Software Engineer "CU-SeeMe Master Licensee"
White Pine Software, Inc. http://www.wpine.com
40 Simon Street CUSeeMe: 192.233.34.5
Nashua, NH 03060 PH: 603-886-9050

******** Read "Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn **************