Re: SB16/SB16 Vibra PnP and Win95 - Mike sensitivity

Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 17:05:22 -0600

Alain Caillet wrote:
> The new SB16 Vibra PnP (single chip version of the SB16) came
> with applications only for WFW. Win95 users are supposed to
> rely on the default MS Win95 accessory volume control.
>
> This mixer/volume lacks some of the features of previous Creat
> Mixer such as the overall gain multiplier (x1 x2 ...x8) perfect
> to boos the usual weak computer microphone sensitivity.
>
> The SB32 PnP is apparently now shipped with Win95 applications.
> The mixer ( ctmix32.exe) has all the extra features and works also
> with previous SB16.
>
> As anyone tried it ? Does it works with the SB16 Vibra PnP ?
> I located the exe file but it does not want to start in my Win95
> using SB16 Vibra. I suspect it needs extra dll's ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your input. Alain
> Alain Caillet <> PowWow <> Cu: 142.97.245.25
> <> http://www.on.doe.ca/climate/climate.shtml <>
> <>The validity of a science is .... its ability to predict <>

Greetings:
Try looking for Win95 drivers on Creative Lab's "little-known" home page at
<http://www.creaf.com/>. Also, they have an FTP server at that location!

Hope this helps,

PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"