Re: Audio for PC

Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 17:15:18 -0600

Darryl Hamer wrote:
> I have seen in several instances that the freely downloadable version of
> CU seeme for windows does not yet support audio. Is this true?
>
> The White Pines enhanced version appears to support audio but does
> not explicitly say so.
>
> Does either version for Windows support send and receive audio?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Darryl Hamer
> darryl@yoda.bsd.uchicago.edu

Greetings:
Yes! Both the Cornell and White Pine versions DO support audio. The REAL
question is... can your internet connection support it??? Audio is supported
at 28.8 (baud on modems) or better. I've also heard "rumors" of MacIntoshes
with 14.4 modems that could get *some* audio.
Basically, you have nothing to lose by trying out both versions and finding
out for yourself!
Oh, by-the-by, try setting your transmit and receive maximums to 28, and the
minimums to 10. Limit the number of user windows you receive to around 2 or 3.
Then reconnect to a reflector. Let me know what you get.

PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"