RE: "Cu-SeeMe Addiction Survey"

John W. Osborne (josborne@magna.com.au)
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 11:44:17 +-1000

I, on the other hand, find the survey invasive and none of their damned bisiness
and have responded as such.

Anyone who responds to a survey such as that one which is laden with questions
of a personal nature when the survey objectives, data collectors, and data availability/
confidentiality is not disclosed is an idiot.

John

----------
From: Daniel W. Erskine[SMTP:derskine@apci.net]
Sent: Friday, 29 March 1996 9:21
To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: "Cu-SeeMe Addiction Survey"

Gunnar R Grape wrote:
> Brothers and sisters of Cu-SeeMe!
> I've received 3 copies of something called the "Cu-SeeMe Addiction
> Survey" (that's enough, thanks)! Personally I think this "survey" is no
> more than a rather blatant attempt at collecting addresses and all kinds
> of other private information about users of Cu-SeeMe. This is certainly
> the way it comes across, seeing the nature of some of the questions ...
> Don't fall for this!
>
> I will be following, with great interest, the continued discussion of the
> technical aspects of Cu-SeeMe on this forum, being new at this.
>
> Hope to see you all soon, out there! Gunnar R Grape

Greetings:
Actually, I find this to be an EXCELLENT opportunity for enterprising, young
college students to do their thesis' and other term papers! This would also be
a GREAT way for the people at Cornell and White Pine to "guage" the level of
people who use their product!
I agree that the 3 copies in circulation on this mailing list are excessive,
but I'm sure this gentleman is already realising this.

Hope this is recieved well,

PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"