Re: Enhanced Cu-Seeme

Ken Cotton (kc@twics.com)
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 22:55:03 +0900

At 01:57 PM 3/28/96 -0800, you wrote:
>HeeHee.....
>
>We DO read the list.

Oh great. This is unrelated to the message that you were replying to, but I
thought that I'd jump in here and say something.

I live in Japan and a few days ago downloaded your product to try out. I
e-mailed a message asking about pricing and was given the following reply:

>From: Betsy Dussell <bdussell@wpine.com>
>Subject: Re: How much for both Mac and Win

>Dear Ken,
>Due to recent contract agreements, I have forwarded your request to our
>Japanese Distributor: Macnica. Here are their details:

>Macnica, Inc.
>Hakusan Hight-Tech Park
>1-22-2 Hakusan
>Midori-Ku, Yokohama City
>226 Japan

I heard from them right away, but am a bit disappointed. I'm sick and tired
of being told this by companies just to find out that the local price in
Japan is 50-100% more.

I'll check with them and if it's too much, I'll just have it shipped to a
friend in the states and forwarded to me or not buy it at all.

Why not give us a choice instead of letting us get shafted again and again
over here.

Fortunately, thanks to the way things are going with more and more software
being distributed via the Internet, this won't last for long.

And it's just a matter of time until a lot of the jobs back home will be
done by someone another country, like the Phillipines, for a quarter of what
they are paying in the states.

Nothing personal. I can understand your policy. Kind of. Please reconsider
your decision not to sell to those of us livign in Japan directly.
Ken Cotton <kc@twics.com>
Tokyo, Japan