Re: Enhanced Cu-Seeme

Elliott Mitchell (mitcheec@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu)
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 08:48:56 -0600

bryan@wpine.com (Bill Ryan) wrote:
>BTW, the Mac version is just going into Beta - so you'll be waiting for
>awhile for the released version.
>
>Bill

You know, friends, this is becoming so tiresome. I'm all in favor of
market pressures driving development and marketing, except when it affects
me, then I don't like it.

I believe we Macintosh users need to heed some suggestions that we quit
being quite so nice about waiting our turn after the Wintel versions of
software are all out the door, that we begin gently but firmly reminding
developers that we are their customers also, and then if all else fails,
discontinue doing business with companies which persist in treating us like
second-class citizens.

Yes, I know this is off-topic, sorry. And it happens that I just set my
CU-SeeMe-L list to nomail for a week so I won't see any replies (if any)
unless they're sent directly to me, but that's how I feel at the moment.

Frankly, I'm beginning to think that that QuickTime Conferencing is a
better product than CU anyway.

Elliott

--