Re:Upgrade help?

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 30 Mar 1996 16:24:44 -0600

>Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 02:44:03 -0800
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: Altet <altet@cencom.net>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Upgrade help?
>
>Hi
>I need a bit of advice on upgrading. I currently have a PC-66Hz, windows
>3.11,28.8 modem and 8M ram. Would it be better to spend my money
>upgrading to an ISDN line for better video reception or to add more ram
>and possible upgrade to a pentium?
>
>Alan

The major problem with getting CU-SeeMe to work well is the connection
speed. Of the two choices you are considering, ISDN would speed up your
transmission AND reception capabilities. Of course, the cost of ISDN will
only benefit your use of CU-SeeMe and other internet functions. Upgrading
to a Pentium with more memory would speed up everything EXCEPT your
trans/rec capabilities.
Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe