Re: addresses

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 30 Mar 1996 23:51:53 -0600

>Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 23:58:30 +0500
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: eddie anthony <eddie@apk.net>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: addresses
>
>At the risk of major flaming, I have to ask a rather newbie-ish question.
>
>I have gone to web sites, gone to links FROM those web sites and come up
>with a long list of alleged reflector addresses, only to find that only the
>Vdorm, the ICU and the White Pines actually work, and then they are always
full.

>Am I doing something wrong here that I can so rarely connect? There isn't a
>whole lot of reason to pay for this software if I can only reach the world
>once a week or so.

Reflector sites come and go. Some are only up during specific hours.

>Also, when I used the "listen" part of it, the connection window never
>showed a valid connection even when I was watching 4 panes of video. Did I
>use it wrong? Is it set up wrong? I loaded it BEFORE Cuseeme like it said
>but it seems to just sit there with no apparent reason for being there.

The listener is there to let you know if someone wants to connect to YOU.
It's like the bell on your telephone. It won't do anything if no one tries
to connect.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe