Re: Upgrade help?

Ken Cotton (kc@twics.com)
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 20:59:35 +0900

At 02:44 AM 3/20/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi
>I need a bit of advice on upgrading. I currently have a PC-66Hz, windows
>3.11,28.8 modem and 8M ram. Would it be better to spend my money
>upgrading to an ISDN line for better video reception or to add more ram
>and possible upgrade to a pentium?

I'd say go for the ISDN line. Of course, you'll have to check with your
local phone company to see if they have it and how much it is. Also make
sure that your provider offers it and if it costs more see how much it is.

I'm in Japan and it's 'relatively less expensive'. A regular phone line here
costs $700 and ISDN is just $200 more. It's catching on here like wildfire.
I don't think that you will regret.

And I don't think you will regret. If you do much on the Net it will save
you a lot of time. I find that where before I would click in Netscape to go
to a new page and start something else as I waited, now I just click and
wait a second or two and there it is. Real nice. Saves time and "time is
money" and with the time you save you can buy your new machine. That's what
I'm saving for. <G>

kc

Ken Cotton <kc@twics.com>
Tokyo, Japan