Re:Not exactly

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 21:51:12 -0600

>Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 17:39:54 -0500
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: k1oik@ccsnet.com
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Not exactly
>

>FI>I can get on with Enhanced CUSEEME but it seems not all my chat comments
>FI>get through and when I look at "participants" I am not listed as a
>FI>visible user even if I am the only one on the reflector. Audio is
>FI>intermitint but I accept that. Sometimes my picture is seen, other times
>FI>not and othertimes they say I am grayed out. I have a VERY slow FPS rate
>FI>on most users but not all. I would like to go one on one on CUSEEME and
>FI>work this out. I have an Intel Smart Pro card.
>
>FI>Anyone offer comments? Pretty please?
>

>FI> .-.
>FI> // ,. \\ / \ .-. .
>FI> \\ ( ) // / \ / \ .-. _ .-. /
>FI> \>-'`-</ /--Burt Fisher K1OIK@ccsnet.com-\---/-\---/---\-----/--
>FI> (*)(*) \ / \ / `-' `-' \ /
>FI> ) ( \ / `-' `-'
>FI> / \ `-'
>FI> \ `' /
>FI> \/ / <----- Hams this is a female
>FI> ( <
>FI> \ |
>===========================
>http://www.ccsnet.com
>telnet://ccsnet.com
>Cape Cod's Internet Address
>===========================

hmmm...9 lines of message, and a 20 line signature?

The most common problem with chat getting lost is the transmit and receive
settings. Make sure you have them adjusted properly for your connection speed.

As for seeing your own name, with the Cornell version, you will NEVER see
your own name in the participants list unless the reflector is set to "self
reflect", or, with the White Pines version, which doesn't receive its own
video, even on a self reflect, you will only see yourself in the
participants list if you connect to "SELF". If you are there, you should
already know it, so it doesn't make any sense to see your own name there.

Regarding the "greyed out" problem, give us more info, like connect speed,
computer type and speed, etc., and maybe we can help you more.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
PC only, no MAC questions, please.