Re: Colour driver

Mark L. Bardenwerper (bardenwe@vbe.com)
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 11:06:06 -0600

Tony Stewart wrote:

> I used to have a colour quickcam, which I exchanged for a b/w one.
>
> The colour driver(s) must still be on the hard disk because i get error
> messages telling me to 'reinstall the b/w drivers' on the odd occassion.
>
> Can someone tell me what the colour drivers are, and where they are, so
> I can delete them please?

This is a list of files that my Quarterdeck Cleansweep uninstall program
has generated. I strongly suggest that all of us use an uninstall
program similar to Cleansweep. It solves problems like this and
unclutters your hard drives.
I believe that the lines that you should be attentive to are
C:\Windows\System\Quickcam.drv
Entry in SYSTEM.INI referencing the file C:\Windows\System\Quickcam.drv
Assuming that you are using the "c:" drive.
I am also assuming that you are using W95. If not, then the drivers are
handled similarly in W3x.

** Quarterdeck CleanSweep Component List **

Generated at: 10:46am on Wednesday, March 12, 1997
Type: Programs
Action: Uninstall
Backup to: D:\Quarterdeck\CleanSweep\Backup

Title: Connectix QuickCam

Selected Color Component
Yes Green Shortcut file: C:\Windows\Recent\qcamereg.ini.lnk
Yes Green File: C:\Windows\Qcamereg.ini
Yes Green File: C:\Windows\System\Qcsaver.scr
Yes Green File: C:\Windows\System\Quickcam.drv
Yes Green File: C:\Windows\System\Quickcam.hlp
Yes Green File: D:\QuickCam\Click.wav
Yes Green File: D:\QuickCam\DeIsL1.isu
Yes Green File: D:\QuickCam\Qmovie32.exe
Yes Green File: D:\QuickCam\Qpict32.exe
Yes Green File: D:\QuickCam\Readme.txt
Yes Green Smart Sweep Log
Yes Green DLL (does not appear to be used by other programs):
D:\QuickCam\Slider32.dll
Yes Green Registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Connectix'
Yes Green Registry key
'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Micr...\QuickCamDeinstKey'
Yes Green Entry in SYSTEM.INI referencing the file
'C:\Windows\System\Quickcam.drv'
Yes Green Remove 'C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Connectix
QuickCam' if empty when finished
Yes Green Remove 'D:\QuickCam' if empty when finished
Yes Yellow Shortcut file: C:\Windows\Desktop\Quick Movie.lnk
Yes Yellow Shortcut file: C:\Windows\Desktop\Quick Pict.lnk
Yes Yellow Shortcut file: C:\Windows\Recent\click.wav.lnk
Yes Yellow File: C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Connectix
...\QuickMovie.lnk
Yes Yellow File: C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Connectix
Qu...\QuickPict.lnk
Yes Yellow File: C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Connectix
Qui...\Read Me.lnk
Yes Yellow All files in 'C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Connectix
QuickCam' and its subfolders
Yes Yellow All files in 'D:\QuickCam' and its subfolders
Approximately 741,376 bytes will be deleted.

** End Of List **

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper #:?)
Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.