Re: opening cu-seeme on a 7200/75

Skip (Wahoo25@m1.sprynet.com)
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 11:49:41 -0800

Twhid@aol.com wrote:

> Every time I try to open the software I get this message: Unable to open
> TCP, error -1. I' m totally confused, the rest of my on-line applications
> work fine.

If you logon to aol normally using their dialer, you use their TCP/IP
stack and CU won't work, I believe. If you have another ISP, you can
logon using your dialer. At aol's opening screen hit the setup button.
Instead of selecting "home" or "office", select TCP/IP. You can then
access aol using your ISP's TCP/IP stack and CU should work. I have not
tried this with CU but on the rare occasions when I use aol, this is how
I do it.

Skip