re: new versions of cuseeme

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 23:18:26 -0600

At 09:39 PM 3/19/97, you wrote:
>On Sun, 09 Feb 1997 10:55:46 -0600, Bill Woodland (Squeek) wrote:
>
>>The new version (0.90a1) is only for windows 95/NT. I doubt that any more
>>16 bit code will come out of Cornell for the PC. If you're not on
>>windows95, upgrade. It's time. Accept it, and move forward with the rest
>>of us.
>
>Since you made the statement above, are you going to make an OS/2 version?
It's not 16 bit. For you to assume=20
>that Windoze 95 is the only 32 bit hybrid out there is false. Not everyone
wants to run Windoze 95.

>Damian

I didn't write the new version of CU, so I'm not the right person to ask
about an OS/2 version. =20

I'm not assuming anything. I know OS/2 is still out there, but will
programs written for Windows 95 run on it? I wouldn't even attempt to
answer something like that when I don't know the answer. If they CAN, then
goody for you.

I don't mean to start ANY kind of OS war by my comments. If you want a war,
look elsewhere. If you want to use OS/2, that's your decision. I have
nothing against it....I even have some helpful info on running CU under OS/2
on my web page. I just choose to use an operating system that has become a
standard. =20

Bill Woodland (Squeek =A9)
Email, PowWow, and ICQ: wcw@bga.com
URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW