re: new versions of cuseeme

Steve Edgar (se10@cornell.edu)
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 14:23:14 -0500 (EST)

The new version of Cornell's CU-SeeMe for Windows is indeed a Win32
application. OS/2 is technically very good, but due to its small market
share, Cornell will not be making an OS/2 version of CU-SeeMe. UNIX, even
with its many variants, still has a modest user base when compared to
Windows or Mac. With limited funds/time, CU chose to focus on the two
popular microcomputer operating systems; and for which there is a wide
variety of multimedia hardware.

Look for an announcement next week on how to get the new Windows version.

-- Steve.

>>On Sun, 09 Feb 1997 10:55:46 -0600, Bill Woodland (Squeek) wrote:
>>
>>>The new version (0.90a1) is only for windows 95/NT. I doubt that any more
>>>16 bit code will come out of Cornell for the PC. If you're not on
>>>windows95, upgrade. It's time. Accept it, and move forward with the rest
>>>of us.
>>
>>Since you made the statement above, are you going to make an OS/2 version?
>It's not 16 bit. For you to assume
>>that Windoze 95 is the only 32 bit hybrid out there is false. Not everyone
>wants to run Windoze 95.
>>
>>Damian
>>

>I didn't write the new version of CU, so I'm not the right person to ask
>about an OS/2 version.
[...]