Re: change of subject

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 21:42:42 -0600

At 01:54 PM 3/21/97 -0500, Pope Zaphod I wrote:
>I have two questions:
>
>(1) What bandwidth was CU-SeeMe developed to run under? Was it designed
>for 14.4 or 28.8? Obviously it runs much better on 56K, ISDN, etc., but
>what bandwidth was it designed for?

CU was originally developed with ethernet speeds in mind. We should all
consider ourselves very lucky that it works as well as it does at 28.8=
speeds.

>(2) Is there a setting on the mailing list to make the "Reply To" field=20
>CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu instead of the author of the letter? Nine times out
>of ten, I want to reply to the list....

This is a function of your email client. I use Eudora, and if I hold down
the shift key while clicking on the "Reply" button, it replies to all. I
use this all the time, because I never know if the sender is actually
subscribed to the list or not, and I usually want the info to go to the list
members, in case it might help them, too.

Bill Woodland (Squeek =A9)
Email, PowWow, and ICQ: wcw@bga.com
URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW