Re: QuikCam - Color or BW??

Pope Zaphod I (jprisco@lightlink.com)
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 16:06:08 -0500

At 21:42 3/21/97 -0600, Bill Woodland (Squeek) wrote:
>but keep this in mind: the picture from the color camera in b&w mode is
>always somewhat fuzzy, due to the conversion of 256 shades of grey down to
>64 or 16 (I forget which) shades. The b&w quickcam is not only cheaper, but
>it gives you a much clearer picture.

Isn't it 64 on the PC and 16 on the Mac? Or can you choose bit-depth on
both platforms?

====
His Holiness, Pope Zaphod I <<<;-) [aka Joseph V. Prisco]
mailto:jprisco@lightlink.com UIN:145699 http://www.lightlink.com/jprisco/
DISCLAIMER & QUOTE: "I'm not saying what I'm saying. I'm not saying what I'm
*thinking*. For that matter, I'm not even *thinking* what I'm thinking."
- Captain Sheridan, B5, "A Race Through Dark Places"