Disappearing Video Codecs

NICHOLAS J NOVAK (spiro@cris.com)
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 13:34:12 -0500

>To: CU-SEEME-L
>From: NICHOLAS J NOVAK <spiro@cris.com>
>Subject: Disappearing Video Codecs!!
>
> Has anyone ever had their Video Codecs disappear from CUSEEME as a result
of switching between different videoconferencing software?

> I'm using the Enhanced version from White Pine and am having trouble
getting the SFMC-Crystal codec to work. It was one of my choices under edit,
preferences,video; but the last time I ran it right after running another
videophone application this video codec had disappeared from my options
dialogue.

> How do I get that codec back into CUSEEME so that I can run my
camcorder/capture card in color again?I'm using a USR 33.6 BIG PICTURE MODEM
with the included Hauppague capture card,an old RCA Camcorder and running
WIN95 on a Compaq Presario 75 mhz Pentium,48 megs ram. This has happened
before and then mysteriously come back;perhaps the other programs are my
resetting some values in my cuseeme.ini?

Please help me by telling me how to choose this codec again or what to
change so that this is again an option in the White Pine version.

> Is my only choice to reinstall the program?
>
> The Cuseeme greyscale codec is still there so at least I can use that
temporarily but I would like to have my color back!!!