Re: interoperability

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:32:15 -0600

At 09:55 AM 3/28/97 -0600, david eick wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm new to this list. Can you tell me whether the commercial product,
>Enhanced CUSeeme, can communicate with the free one?
>
>Thanks,
>David Eick

Yes, it does work. The PC and MAC Cornell versions can both communicate
with either of the PC or MAC White Pine versions. The WP versions also
support color, so if you are using the Cornell PC version, the color senders
will show up as a lurker, but I think the Cornell MAC version shows them as
senders, but with some kind of indicator to let you know that you won't be
able to see them because they are transmitting in color. Perhaps the PC
version could be updated to act similar.

Bill Woodland (Squeek =A9)
Email, PowWow, and ICQ: wcw@bga.com
URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW