R: Video & Audio problems-thanks to all who replied!

Giulio Gamberonci (gambero@dada.it)
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 18:22:13 +0100

Hi Debbie,
Tom get you right informations.

Check, sequentially, next points:
1) Installation and use of your PC's audio drivers.
2) Installation and use of remote access configuration( no DNS serving).
3) Instalation and use of your InterNet Browser(yes DNS serving).
4) Installation and use of your Pc's video drivers software.
5) Installation and use of CU-SEEME software.

Dont' worry, but only if these all points, one by one, are right,=20
you' ll see sunrise(CU-SEEME-reflector).

P.S.
your ploblems are offen generated by the telephone line or
IPS's congestion and finally by your PC's resources.

Bye

Giulio.=20

----------
> Da: Sam Huston <Samhuston@worldnet.att.net>
> A: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
> Oggetto: Re: Video & Audio problems-thanks to all who replied!
> Data: marted=EC 3 marzo 1998 16.02
>=20
> Thanks for all the help,
>=20
> I had read all the documentation. The 1st time we tried to connect my I=
SP
,
> hope it'll work.
>=20
> Thanks again to all who replied,
>=20
> Debbie
>=20
>=20
> >Hi Debbie,
> >I suugest you read some of the documentaion on the CU-SeeMe web
> >pages.>You'll see that the video information is collected in squares a=
nd
> >performance depends on your computer and connection. There is plenty o=
> >stuff to read there if you are interested.
> >Good luck!
> >Tom Parker
> >
> >>Hi, please help,
> >>
> >>I'm using a Power Mac 7100/66AV & OS 7.5.5, with a Courrier
V.Everything
> >>56x2 modem & CU-SeeMe version 0.87b3(PC).
> >>
> >>My brother is using a PC (IBM clone) & Windows 95, with a Sportster
56flex
> >>modem & the most recent CU-SeeMe version from Cornell's website.
> >>
> >>I can't get a good picture of him on my computer. It comes in in
blocks, &
> >>some are usually missing.
> >>
> >>Also, his audio is always very low. We've tried adjusting the volume =
in
his