Re: a bit off topic - broken QC cable

Ask (jkl@gte.net)
Wed, 04 Mar 1998 13:15:35 -0600

I had the same problem with a Quickcam...

It was a broken ground wire right outside the cam.
In order to isolate the problem I had to;

1) Open the cam, unplug the cable connector from the circuit board inside
2) Use an Ohm set to determine which wire was bad.
3) Opened the cable an inch or so outside the cam (main flex point) and tested
to see which way it was broken.
4) I spliced the ground wire, resealed, and its perfect