Re: a bit off topic - broken QC cable

Wed, 4 Mar 1998 13:43:21 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Vaios Papaioannou wrote:
> My B&W quickcam seems to work fine but its cable seems to be broken.

I assume it's no longer under warranty from Connectix?

> Do you think it is possible to just replace the cable or should I scrap the
> QC altogether ?

I guess if you were into soldering, it would be possible to replace the
cable (as long as the break in the cable is outside of the Quickcam
itself). I've never heard of anyone doing this though. If one of the
pins at the end of the cable is broken, I would guess it would be much
easier to replace.

I noticed you're in the UK, so I'm not sure how cheap Quickcams are over
there, but I've seen used B&W PC Quickcams for $35 US somewhere.

> Connectix wasn't helpful at all (talking about support via email)

My guess is, they're trying to promote the Quickcam VC.