Re: Warning: Mac CU-SeeMe 3.1.0.xx

Brian Godette (bgodette@idcomm.com)
Wed, 04 Mar 1998 13:04:41 -0700

At 09:25 AM 3/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
>At 10:29 PM 3/3/98 -0600, Jason Williams wrote:
>>On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Chris Silverberg wrote:
>>> Installing White Pine Mac CU-SeeMe 3.1.0.x will prevent Cornell's CU-SeeMe
>>> from being able to function. (how convenient for White Pine eh?)
>>
>>Hmm..This is a new one I haven't heard of. What do you mean by
>>"preventing Cornell's CU-SeeMe from being able to function?" Since it's
>>related to the listener, does it somehow relate to receiving incoming
>>calls? What are the symptoms? It's not codec related like Windows
>>3.1.0.25 version I hope.
>
> It's all part of the grand White Pine Conspiracy... Or at least that's
>what's implied. *sigh*

So dispell it. There's really only three choices.
Either
1) The previously mentioned problems were deliberate.
2) Thru disregard for your current customers and irresponsible programming
practices (failure to do regression testing).
Or
3) There's some mysterious technical reason why it was done (as yet to be
heard).

Which is it? I'd presonally like to believe #3, but from all that I've seen
from the data, there's nothing to support it. The other two look really
bad, it's not like those previously mentioned problems weren't immediately
visable.