Re: J-MPEG

Fri, 6 Mar 1998 00:56:02 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, John Vazquez wrote:
> I'm a new member to this list... and I'm sure you've gotten this
> question time and again..... but are there any plans on integrating the
> ability to view color video into CU?? If anyone has any info... I'd
> love to hear it.. :)

The White Pine version (http://www.cuseeme.com) can already send and
receive color. As far as the Cornell version
(http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu), I believe Cornell can't directly include
support for color, but other developers can.

I like the direction of iVisit towards color. From what I understand,
BoxTop is looking at allowing even the freeware version to RECEIVE color,
but not send it. So a freeware user will be able to see everyone but will
just be limited in what they can send.