Re: New version supporting PAL

Sam Huston (Samhuston@worldnet.att.net)
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 06:27:58 +0000

On Fri, 6 Mar 1998 08:04:55 Bill Ryan wrote:

>The White Pine Mac 3.1 Preview version works fine with the PAL video
>digitizers we have tested against.
>
>The real issue is not support for the PAL camera, but the PAL video
>digitizer card. The app. interfaces to the video digitizer card's driver
>(aka vDig on the Mac). There are NTSC only cards, PAL only cards and cards
>which support both NTSC and PAL. Your camera must match the card's
>capabilities.

Does this mean that I need a video digitizer card that supports both PAL
and NTSC to connect with someone using PAL? Can I send video to Germany if
the other person doesn't have a video digitizer card, the same as I could
send to someone here?

I have a Power Mac 7100/66AV. Will version 3.1 work on my computer?

Thank you very much for the help,

Debbie
___
A|M Wannabee's Mom

>Bill
>

>>On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, Adrian Close wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Debbie/Sam,

>>> This is purely an issue with your capture card, and not really anything to
>>> do with CU. Your capture card converts the analog video signals to a
>>> digital data stream.
>>>
>>> CU just gets digitised video via hardware driver from the capture card -
>>> it doesn't know or care what the capture card's input was.
>>>
>>> So yes, effectively CU supports both NTSC and PAL input, and users with
>>> NTSC and PAL format video input can talk to each other...
>>
>>This is not what I recall reading on the Cornell web page. Are you
>>sucessfully using CU with a PAL capture card? If so which version, White
>>Pine or Cornell? And what is the version number?

>>s324131@student.uq.edu.au

>Bill Ryan (bill@wpine.com) http://www.wpine.com
>White Pine Software, Inc. http://www.cuseeme.com
>542 Amherst Street PH: 603-886-9050 x351 Tu/Fri
>Nashua, NH 03063 603-529-5070 Mon/Wed/Thur

___