Re: Any Clue w/ATI &MPEG Crashes?

Wed, 11 Mar 1998 00:46:22 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Brian K. Dowtin wrote:
> Anone have a clue why my ATI capture device consistently crashes Cu-Seeme
> (2.1.x and 3.1 - for Windows) when changing to the MPEG codec. I'm not
> sure if this is the only time it happens, but I can depend on this to
> crash it.
> If Cu-seeme opens up with MJPEG as the codec - things seem to be fine,
> but its if I have to switch to MJPEG that things go bad, and it GPF's
> Again, Cu-Seeme for Windows - v.2.1.x and Preview 3.1.x

Which version of MJPEG? I know 2.1.1 has a buggy version of MJPEG but
that's fixed in 3.1. I dunno what it could be, but try grabbing the
released version of 3.1 (3.1.0.25 even though sending in grayscale is
hosed till next month sometime). Also try installing 2.1.1/2.1.2 THEN
installing 3.1. If you installed 2.1.X last, you overwrote the MJPEG
codec that 3.1 used I believe. Other than that, I don't know.