Re: Run CU-SeeMe Client and Reflector Simultaneously

Sat, 14 Mar 1998 08:35:27 +0100

Jason Williams schrieb:
> On 12 Mar 1998, Alan Jarvi wrote:
> > My question is, I would like to be able to run Brian Godette's
> > reflector software, version 1.07b7 for Windows95, on my home
> > Windows95 box (which is connected 24/7 via a cable modem), and
> > at the same time use either the Cornell CU-SeeMe or WhitePine CU=
-SeeMe
> > clients to connect to the reflector.
>=20
> This can't be done because both the reflector and the client use the sa=
me
> port (UDP port 7648). Since there's no way for the client to specify
> which port to run on, you can only run one or the other..but not both.
> This is the same reason why you can't run two copies of CU-SeeMe at the
> same time. It's a limit of the reflector and the client.
Ahhh.... That=B4s what JAVA-CU is for: JAVA-CU *must* run on the same
server as the reflector does.. I thought it was a drawback.. it is a
*feature* !!! So a JAVA-CU client is *the* solution !

So probably this is true for LINUX
with=20
a) reflector: The Enhanced Reflector=20
b) client: QSEEME for LINUX running on the same host.=20
or ?

Or is there any trick (we got two IPs if there is a local network card:
127.0.0.1 **and** the local ip the ethernet card, e.g. 192.168.1.2, and
if we add another network card, we may have a third ip ?) to do it
anyhow, with
LINUX and with W95 ??

All about CU-SEEEME,JAVA-CU,Iphones, reflectors,..
http://home.pages.de/~h/cuseeme.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/iphone.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/contact2.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/iphone2.html

Sincerely
Rolf
--=20
/ / / Alone on the data highway...
/ / like on an allee in Hannover-Herrenhausen
/ / / Rolf Hemmerling, Germany
/ / http://home.pages.de/~rolf.hemmerling/