Re: Run CU-SeeMe Client and Reflector Simultaneously

Wed, 18 Mar 1998 15:31:14 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Brian Godette wrote:
> Java-CU should really be called Java-NV since that is what it really is.
> It's simply the CU-SeeMe B&W codec handling and RTP communication routines
> from NV 3.3 rewritten in Java. Since it uses seperate ports on the client &
> server it can be run on the same system as the reflector.

The German guy that wrote JavaCU provides the source. Is there any way for
JavaCU to be written to NOT require NV? I talked a bit with Andrew Clarke
about this awhile back. The docs to JavaCU mention something about there
being a 15kbps limit with Java applets. I'm not sure if that's true or
not. If it's not, a Java port of CU (though it would have to be receive
only I imagine) would be quite interesting to see.