Re: Run CU-SeeMe Client and Reflector Simultaneously

Wed, 18 Mar 1998 15:42:27 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 14 Mar 1998, Rolf Hemmerling wrote:
> Ahhh.... That=B4s what JAVA-CU is for: JAVA-CU *must* run on the same
> server as the reflector does.. I thought it was a drawback.. it is a
> *feature* !!! So a JAVA-CU client is *the* solution !

It is a drawback...but that's part of the security features of Java
applets...you can't open up TCP/IP connections to anywhere but where the
applet came from. This could easily be gotten around by running a proxy
type of server on the machine the applet is on and let it make connections
to other reflectors. But that's really NOT so easy :)

> Or is there any trick (we got two IPs if there is a local network card:
> 127.0.0.1 **and** the local ip the ethernet card, e.g. 192.168.1.2, and
> if we add another network card, we may have a third ip ?) to do it
> anyhow, with
> LINUX and with W95 ??

If you have multiple interfaces, each with their own IP connected to the
internet, then it's theoretically possible. Practically though, it's not
since CU doesn't let you select which interface to bind to.