Re: Informative Reflector Sites

Andrew Clarke (andrew@plinth.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 19:43:54 BST

** Reply to note from CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu Thu, 19 Mar 1998 02:47:18 EST

[Replying to Ken via Streak's post because I deleted the wrong thing, ho hum]

> On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, Ken Colburn wrote:
> > My problem with the reflectors I have visited goes beyond the issue of
> > child-safe. The conversations are usually inane, disjointed and
> > otherwise uninformative.

<joke>
But the chicks don't dig all that tech talk.
</joke>

> > I learn far more from this ListServ than from
> > the reflectors, themselves.

It has to be said, most refs are, to coin a phrase, 'meeting places', if you like compare a
ref to a pub or bar, 90% of the conversations in either place are inane ramblings (or
attempting to attract the ladies :). Brian and I managed to pretty much clear a ref by
talking about pretty arcane technical matters once, you would have been welcome to join in :)

> > Does anyone know of reflectors with serious
> > dialogue? Almost any topic will do.

Any ref, at certain times.

--
Andrew Clarke - "If Jesus loves me, why won't he swallow?".
PGP Public Key available on request