Re: Mac ANOMALY (bizarre! or just stupid...)

Jon P. Brumbach (brumbach@isomedia.com)
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 16:11:40 -0800

At 01:08 PM 3/28/98 -0800, Stacie Bering wrote:
>Downloaded and installed an extension that places the current desktop
>into the video stream. Might have had CU application, might not. Anyway,
>I forgot the name of the extension...
>
>Now my Apple Video ONLY shows the desktop regardless of software source
>selection.
>
>Need to uninstall the extension, or whatever the **** it was and I can't
>find it or figure out how to dump this "feature."
>
>HELP HELP HELP
>
>Signed,
>
>Embarassed in Spokane

Ahhh......for once I get to needle a Mac user and say "you wouldn't be in
this fix with Windows" (might be in a lot of other fixes, but not this one
anyway) :)

It's been a while since I've played on a Mac, and you didn't indicate what
Mac OS you were using, but I believe there is a system setting application
that should show you what drivers/applications you have installed. If you
can't find the extension that way and remove it, you're best bet will
probably be to uninstall all the software relating to your video card, and
then reinstall. If that doesn't work, try snooping around in your settings
for applications that start-up when you boot your system.

If all else fails, you may have to install the OS again. If that comes to
pass, I hope for your sake it is less traumatic to do that on a Mac than on
a Windows 95 platform.

Good luck,

Jon Brumbach