Re: Reflections on the VideoPhone

Stan Borinski (stanb@internic.net)
Mon, 1 May 1995 16:09:01 -0400 (EDT)

> What now?
>

> Well, Cornell and White Pine have gone to some trouble to put together a
> licensing system that will encourage development and provide revenue to the
> University to continue its work. While it is permissible to develop 0.7
> without them, it makes sense for people like Joe to use the resources
> available through the licensing system and he will do just that. We look
> forward to working with Joe and other developers to bring this terrific
> technology to the marketplace.
>
> So ends the Great VideoPhone Fiasco.

Nothing like a little controversy to make a mailing list fun. ;) I hope
Joe has better luck with a properly licensed product.

> Sincerely,
>
> Michael Roberts
> Vannevar New Media, Inc.

So is Cornell going to post the licensing announcement they posted to the
'mouser-l@more.net' list to the CU-SeeMe list? Or did I miss it already?
Sorry if I stole your thunder Dick, et al., but news travels fast across
the 'Net.

-Stan

Stan Borinski stanb@netsol.com +1-703-742-4796
Software Engineer Network Solutions Herndon, VA
Come visit our CU-SeeMe Reflector:
nic.ops.netsol.com 198.41.0.200