Re: List of reflectors

Matthew Sanderson (matthews@noc.tor.hookup.net)
Wed, 3 May 1995 01:08:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 2 May 1995, Michael Sattler wrote:
<snip>
> Query for you Windoze folks: what apps do you use for BinHexing things?

Michael;
Using the following as an example,
- From: arvell hairston <arvell@bilbo.pic.net>
- To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
- Subject: video options
- Load this htm into your nescape or mosaic directories and view the many
- video conferencing programs available. Sorry for all the confusion but
- stuff is worth the trouble. Let me know if you recieved the file and
- able to view and hook with it>
- Arvell
-
- [Part 2, Application/MAC-BINHEX40 67KB]
- [Can not display this part. Use the "V" command to save in a file]

from my usual mailreader (pine) the option would be save to a file on
the Unix server, download to PC, hope that the browser can read it.
Instead, and this may be a tip others can use, I forwarded the message
to myself, using pine, thus letting Eudora see it as a new mail message
and, sure enough, this v1.4 decoded and wrote "products.htm" to the
previously specified directory. This list of video resources by
Arvell is terrific, but I can't agree with the distribution method.

/ Matthew Sanderson CIS: 70733,2700 'net: matthews@hookup.net \
\ http://www-bprc.mps.ohio-state.edu/cgi-bin/hpp/matthews.html /