Re: How to stop e-mail Forging?

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Wed, 3 May 1995 15:27:25 -0700

You said to us:

>I just need to know if there is a work-around or solution that I'm
>overlooking that I can use to block this little security breach?

No, there isn't. The only thing you can do, and the responsible thing at
that, is to educate your users about net ethics and then teach them all how
to use MacPGP. They can use PGP to protect the contents of their email
and/or authenticate that they're the sender.

It may be the most valuable lesson they'll learn about the net. If you (or
anyone else on this mailing list) need help with this please let me know.

All that's required for evil to triumph |
is for good {wo}men to do nothing. |