Re: VideoLogic Captivator results so far on the PC platform

Joseph Kahan (jkahan@PHOENIX.PHOENIX.NET)
Wed, 10 May 1995 21:18:45 -0500 (CDT)

John,

Pertaining to your questions about CU-SeeMe over a couple of 14.4 or 28.8
K modems, I have done hours of tests and the best that I have been able
to get is a steady 14.4 or 28.8 K stream. This is because your modem
compression doesn't work very effectively against already compressed data
such as CU-SeeMe audio and video data packets.

I am using modems with Rockwell chips and I have read that modems with
Motorola chips do a little better.

A little sunshine :-) I have noticed that after about 30-45 minutes of a
steady connection, data rates for video transfer will increased up to
about 35 kbps.

Joe