Re: CU-SeeME with Warp

C. Duncan Hudson (dhudson@ibm.net)
Sat, 13 May 95 14:23:09 EDT

On Sat, 13 May 95 12:21:56 EDT you wrote:

>You have gotten IRC, and others to work under Warp? Did you set it up
>specifically, or did you use it like it came?
>
>When I try any Winsock programs when using IBM InterNet Connection, it
>brings up a window with TCPCNTL as the title, and says "INET not running."
>
>You ever get this message?
>
>J. Solomon Kostelnik -
>jsk0001@ibm.net (IBM InterNet Connection)
>Operating under OS/2 WARP!

Yup, used to get it all the time - until I figured out what was going
on. Your problem is that you have multiple TCP/IP stacks. Your
WinDoze apps are seeing the WINSOCK.DLL (probably in your
X:\WINDOZE\SYSTEM directory) before they can see the one they have to
use (X:\TCPIP\DOS\BIN\WINSOCK.DLL). Scan your disk and delete all the
WINSOCK.DLLs except the one that came with WARP. Then make sure that
the WINSOCK.DLL is somewhere in your path. Next time you run a
WinDoze app it should have no problem.

C. Duncan Hudson

dhudson@ibm.net
chudson2@attmail.com