Re: Problems with Iphone

Emanuel Gruengard (emanuel@oren.cc.biu.ac.il)
Mon, 15 May 1995 22:39:41 +0200 (WET)

On Fri, 12 May 1995, Ehrreich Michael wrote:

> Everybody is being that excited about iphone from vocaltech, so I decided to
> load it down myself and try it. But then I had to face a problem: although
> I can see that my mike is working and my headphones usually do the same,
> I cannot hear anybody (the voice activation level bar shows me, that some-
> body is speaking on the other side but my ears tell me, that I do not hear
> anything). No other program is using the audioboard, which is a SoundBlaster
> 16 MultiCD (usually working fine with my other audio-applications). Can any-
> body give me a helping hand?
> Michael

I and some of my friends had the same problem.
It turned out that for some obscure reason
the digital voice volume controls are turning down when iphone works.
So, I have put the icon for the SB mixer on Internet group, and before
starting iphone brought it up, and adjusted the volume. When if fell
down again, I pressed ALT+TAB for the SM Mixer and readjusted. It worked
fine.
Emanuel Gruengard - Bar Ilan University, Israel.