Re: Problems with IPhone...

Glenn Azlin (Glenn.Azlin@eng.monash.edu.au)
Tue, 16 May 1995 10:10:01 +1000

>>On Fri, 12 May 1995, Ehrreich Michael wrote:
>>
>>> Everybody is being that excited about iphone from vocaltech, so I decided to
>>> load it down myself and try it. But then I had to face a problem: although
>>> I can see that my mike is working and my headphones usually do the same,
>>> I cannot hear anybody (the voice activation level bar shows me, that some-
>>> body is speaking on the other side but my ears tell me, that I do not hear
>>> anything). No other program is using the audioboard, which is a SoundBlaster
>>> 16 MultiCD (usually working fine with my other audio-applications). Can any-
>>> body give me a helping hand?
>>> Michael
>>>
>>I and some of my friends had the same problem.
>>It turned out that for some obscure reason
>>the digital voice volume controls are turning down when iphone works.
>>So, I have put the icon for the SB mixer on Internet group, and before
>>starting iphone brought it up, and adjusted the volume. When if fell
>>down again, I pressed ALT+TAB for the SM Mixer and readjusted. It worked
>>fine.
>>Emanuel Gruengard - Bar Ilan University, Israel.
>>

>This is exactly right. I had forgotten this when I first read about the
>problem. I use the SCSI 16 SoundBlaster card and constantly have to readjust
>the volumn in Mixer.
>
>Don Johnson
>Orlando, Fl USA

All the above solutions are great, but I feel that mine is probably the best
of all. I simply connected another amplifier to the speaker socket of my
Sound Blaster card ensuring that the volume control (mechanical) was within
quick easy reach.

IPhone tends to be quiet, but the .WAV sounds from Windows will blow the wax
out of the other ear, unless you can fix the sound level QUICKLY!

Just my 2 1/2 cents worth!

Glenn Azlin
Churchill, Australia